Thursday, August 25, 2011

EME NEWS (AUG 25, 2011)

EME NEWS (AUG 25, 2011)


HEADLINES


POWELL NOT RUNNING THE 100 M

HEIDLER TO VILLAGE EARLIER

QUALIFICATION STANDARDS

ELECTIONS: FREDERICKS NEW COUNCIL MEMBER

WORLD PLAN TO END IN 2012

BUBKA'S COMMENT



OTHER DAEGU NEWS

USAIN BOLT: "I will be ready to run fast, but main goal is to win. I know Im not in 9.5 shape, but still can produce good races. I want to be a legend and titles from Daegu are very important for that aim."

AUSTRALIA: Australian record holder and long jump world leader Mitchell Watt says that the pressure to win gold at the world championships in Daegu is an added motivation. Watt continued: “I remember doing a thing with you guys [the media] and just thinking there was talk of a medal and I thought you guys were joking. I was honestly not expecting to get a medal there and it’s definitely a lot different this time around. I’ve said it a few times but I’ll be disappointed if I don’t end up with the gold and that’s kind of put a bit of extra pressure on me saying that, but it’s the truth. He’s (Irving Saladino – PAN) definitely got the potential to jump big and also the two British guys (Chris Tomlinson and Greg Rutherford). They’ve sort of been finishing top 1-2-3 in the Diamond Leagues all year, pretty much. Then there’s Dwight Phillips, the reigning champion, he hasn’t jumped since I think Shanghai, he’s just been back home preparing, But I think as well that you can tell by the Diamond League points, it’s so spread out, that everyone’s sort of spread out the wins and the seconds and thirds. There could be another new guy that comes up and breaks his personal best by a big way, so you never know.”


OTHER NEWS

ZAGREB (CRO): The IAAF World Challenge Meet in Zagreb (Sep 13) recieved additional funding from the Croatian Government worth of 500 000 kuna. This adds to previous support of the city and different sponsors. Also a world record sponsor is secured. The main star is Usain Bolt running for second time at the meet after 2006. He will contest the 100 m.

...AND MUCH MORE IF YOU ARE IN THE SUBSCRIBERS LIST!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment