Wednesday, August 31, 2011

EME NEWS (AUG 31, 2011)

EME NEWS (AUG 31, 2011)


HEADLINES


QUOTE OF THE DAY
"Thank you to all, that nobody told me about the daily programme cover photo situation. I was not aware, now all is ok, I was succesful," Olga Kaniskina beeing the first cover photo name to win in Daegu after Hooker, Bolt, Robles and Isinbayeva.

KANISKINA THIRD IN A ROW


OTHER DAEGU NEWS


BUDAPEST (HUN): All-Athletics.com publishede the Top 10 male and female performances of the World Championships in Daegu, after Day 5. The lists are made according to the rules of the All-Athletics.com Overall Rankings. The leaders so far are Yohan Blake of Jamaica and Tatyana Chernova of Russia. Blake and his 9.92 against -1.4 wind is worth 1542 points (including points for position) ahead of Jason Richardson and his 13.16 (-1.1) worth 1528 and 590 of Pawel Wojciechowski in pole vault (1527). On the women side Chernova has 1568 points (the best overall) ahead of Valerie Adams (1551 for 21.24 shot put) and Yuliya Zaripova (1526 for 9:07.03 steeple).

CLEMENT: After crashing at the semifinals stage of the 400m hurdles in Daegu Kerron Clement disclosed he has been battling a groin injury. “For the last couple months I've been battling a groin injury. Of course, no one knows anything about it because I don't want to make any excuses about anything. I tried to push through the pain in the first round. It didn't really hurt as much in the first round. In the second round, I tried to go a little faster. And after the third hurdle I felt my groin pull and it really hurt me bad. I limped and I really couldn't finish the race. I'll come back next year stronger than ever." Informs TrackAlerts.


UPDATED STATS


TITLE DEFENDERS

succesful:

Reese, Borchin, Hardee, Adams, Harting, Kaniskina

not succesful:

Bolt (100 m), Bekele (5 and 10km), Brathwaite, Hooker, L. Masai, Samuels, Kozmus, Fraser-Pryce, Richards-Ross, Clement, Rogowska, Ennis

still chance:

Bolt (200m), A. Kirui, D. Philips, Idowu, Cantwell, Thorkildsen, Kirdyapkin, Felix (200 m), Semenya, Jamal, Cheruiyot (5k), Foster-Hylton, Walker, Vlasic, Savigne, Wlodarczyk, Kamel


...AND MUCH MORE IF YOU ARE IN THE SUBSCRIBERS LIST!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment